Coming to the different parts of the church, the parish hall has a long history. At his own cost, Fr Philips built the first parish hall in 1886 as a night school for the young men of the district. In 1923 the building was enlarged and one year later electricity was laid on. During the 1950's the kitchen was improved, gas heating installed and the floor re-blocked. The arrangement whereby the education board rented the hall during the First World War ended soon after the war. The women of the Parish and the St Albans Ladies and Girls Guild worked tirelessly and with great enthusiasm to raise funds and helped achieve the building and development goals.