Vicarage history goes back to when Fr Wingfield was appointed in 1904. Number 37 Brixton Rd was rented from Mr JW Blackwell for just one pound a week as a vicarage. In 1920, with a view to providing a permanent vicarage for St Alban's Church, No 37 Brixton Road was bought from Mr Blackwell for just 1300 pounds, of which he himself donated 100. By the end of Father Greenwood's 30-year term as vicar the place was in poor condition. 1500 pounds were spent on its repair, the verandahs and chimneys were removed, and improvements were made to the service areas including the re-lining of all the rooms. In 1996 it was sold and is now a beautifully renovated private home. Once sold, a new spacious townhouse down a right-of-way near the church was purchased to be our vicarage and was occupied by the then Vicar, The Rev'd Edward Prebble.
In December 2011, after some intervening years where it was rented to a church-based community, the Vicarage was once again occupied by the incumbent Parish Priest, this time by The Rev'd Dr Philip Sallis and his wife Dr Kathy Garden as their family home and venue for Parish meetings and social occasions. Father Philip, who also holds a university research professorship, has relocated his office from the church to the Vicarage and on request can meet with individuals and groups in either location. Father Philip continues to inspire and facilitate the style of Anglican liturgy in the catholic tradition that was particularly present at St Alban's during the 30 years of Father Greenwood's incumbency and for which, our Parish is well known and respected both by our Bishop and Diocese as it is, within the spectrum of liturgical expressions found across the Anglican Communion.